|Article number:||Nidec Shimpo VL Whisper|
|Availability:||In stock (7)|
The Shimpo VL-Whisper pottery wheel is the top of the line Shimpo wheel. Very powerful with very high torque at all speeds. The foot pedal is very responsive making throwing a pleasure. The VL-Whisper uses an exceptional Direct Drive motor. The Direct Drive motor is a brushless, beltless motor that operates on a magnet system and is electronically controlled. As a result, the motor is EXTREMELY quiet!
Features and Benefits
- Direct drive system; DC brushless motor
- 100 lbs centering
- 14″ light alloy casting wheel-head, drilled for bat-pins
- Adjustable legs
- Legs can be removed for storage or tabletop use
- Virtually quiet; no belts, no vibration
- Wheel-head acts as a banding wheel when the pedal is at stop
- Pedal stops the wheel head immediately; no belt means no extra rotation when stopped
- Higher torque; no belts
- Maintains a specific set speed when stepping away to center, even with slow speeds with 100 lbs of clay
- 5 year warranty
Motor: ½ HP, 400 W, AC 115V, 60 Hz
Speed Control: Remote foot pedal
Wheel-head Speed: 0~250 rpm
Wheel-head Direction: Clockwise/Counter-clockwise
Dimensions: 23 1/8 x 27 1/2 x 22 ¾”
Ship Weight: 147 lbs
The SHIMPO VL-WHISPER Extension Legs raise your wheel 35″ to 37″ allowing you to stand while you throw. The curved design is incredibly stable. See related products below to order.
Note: We make every effort to keep this model in stock and receive new inventory every month. If availability shows as "Out of Stock" you will still be able to add this item to your shopping cart and orders will be fulfilled on a first ordered first served basis. Should we expect a longer than usual delay you will be notified and given the option to cancel your order. These are high demand items and we do suggest you get your order in as soon as possible.
Note: We strongly recommend you review our documents outlining our shipping policies and pricing.
Be sure to check out our “Shipping & Returns” page for tips on maximizing your shipping dollar and our local shipping rates as well as guidelines on how to receive your order, damage claims and our return policy.